:: Menu ::
- A. Search
- Latest Jokes
- Jokes Index
-- Index 18 - Random Joke
- Rated Jokes
- Subscribe! (adsfree jokes daily)
Mail link to a friend
-=[ Joke Number 875 ]=-
| [ << ]|| Chicken: The Poets (1a) || [ >> ] |
| Why did the chicken cross the Road?
1. The Poets
James K Baxter:
When the chicken bought the farm the braken made it's bed. And why not cross the road? the Magpies said.
Little chicken, who set thee free
To wander here on Highway Three?
"Oh, sir, your question's very odd;
He is called the Lamb of God."
Little chicken, crushed and bleeding,
You did not see that auto speeding.
"Oh, sir, do not sit and brood:
God just had a Tygerish mood."
Fair Fa Your Honest Sonsie Face
Great Chieftain O' The Chicken Race
The blackened road 'ahind ye said
Ye best run quick ere ye be deid!
e. e. cummings
(1) Because it could not stop for death.
(2) I've always preferred chickens to people, for they know, but do not tell.
(1) To leave the place she knew for another place
And to stay there for a while
And then to move onward to a third place.
(2) Do I dare to cross the road?
(3) Weialala leia.
(4) It's not that they cross, but that they cross like chickens.
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
(1) It didn't cross the road; it transcended it.
(2) Because all life is an experiment and the more experiments you make, the better.
(1) I saw the chickens gently drifting from the trees,
Fall had stolen the last of their green
The chilly breath of the first fall freeze
Now to wait for the buds of the chicken in spring
(2) To cross the road less traveled by.
(3) He was crossing into someone's yard whose woods he didn't know.
He would not see the chicken there, to watch his woods fill up with snow...
John Gay: Let us takes to the road. Hark, I hear the sound of roosters.
[ Stan Kegel, email@example.com ]
Browse Category: [prev] [Why did the chicken cross the road] [next]
|[<<] -=[posting period: Jun00 - Aug00]=- [>>]|
|FuN-wOrLd provided by J&P Bergt, [ funworld 1995 - 2015 ], Imprint, Disclaimer|| |