:: Menu ::
- A. Search
- Latest Jokes
- Jokes Index
-- Index 47 - Random Joke
- Rated Jokes
- Subscribe! (adsfree jokes daily)
Mail link to a friend
-=[ Joke Number 2337 ]=-
| [ << ]|| Car Names || [ >> ] |
| Where do they come up with names for cars? Some of them make sense: the Audi Quattro refers to the car's 4-wheel drive system, the Acura Legend inspires confidence, and the Plymouth Voyager conjures up family road trips.|
But others - well, you just have to wonder. We called up the actual definitions for some of these names in an attempt to understand.
1. AMC Gremlin "a tiny imaginary mischievous creature that is blamed for faults in tools, machinery, and electronic equipment." There's something you want to be in when you are driving down a steep and slippery road!
2. Ford Probe "surgical instrument for exploring caverns, canals, vessels and other elusive areas inside the human body." Wonder how it is at getting into tight parking places?
3. Chevy Cavalier "showing an arrogant or jaunty disregard or lack of respect for something or somebody." You'll probably never notice that it sticks it's tongue out at you as you walk away from it.
4. Plymouth Reliant "depending on or needing somebody or something." Wouldn't you rather be able to rely on your car, rather than have it rely on you?
5. Oldsmobile Cutlass "a short thrusting sword with a flat and slightly curved blade used in the past, especially by sailors." This might be a better name for a boat!
6. Volkswagen Golf "an outdoor game in which an array of specially designed clubs with long shafts are used to hit a small ball from a prescribed starting point into a hole." If you figure out what this has to do with a car, let me know!
7. Toyota Corolla "the petals of a flower collectively, forming a ring around the reproductive organs and surrounded by an outer ring of sepals." I'm not even going to touch this one!
8. Chevy Suburban "relating to, belonging to, or located in a suburb." Why is there no "Chevy Urban" or "Chevy Rural?
9. Mitsubishi Mirage "something that is unreal or merely imagined." Does this suggests that the car may not be as good as it seems?
10. Subaru Brat "someone who is regarded as tiresomely demanding and selfish." If that's what you want, just get married!
Browse Category: [prev] [Funny Acronyms and Definitions] [next]
Browse Category: [prev] [Traffic & Executive Authority] [next]
|[<<] -=[posting period: Feb03 - Apr03]=- [>>]|
|FuN-wOrLd provided by J&P Bergt, [ funworld 1995 - 2018 ], Imprint, Disclaimer|| |